Dagenham care centre branded ‘inadequate’ after inspection
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
An “inadequate” Dagenham centre which supports people with autism and learning difficulties has been served a warning notice by the Care Quality Commission.
The Liberty Centre, in Claridge Road, was found to have not met five regulations relating to personal care during an inspection on January 19 and 20.
It was handed an “inadequate” rating for not being safe and well-led, while the service’s effectiveness, caring and responsiveness all “require improvement”, according to the report, which was released today.
The home provides domiciliary care for one person and supported living for four others, but the CQC found that residents “were not always protected from abuse and harm” and that “incidents of violent behaviour that had resulted in injury” had not always been reported or followed up effectively.
The report added that staff were found to not always follow the Mental Capacity Act 2005 for those who lacked capacity to make their own decision, but found that people’s “cultural background and personal preferences” were respected with regards to food. One person was also supported to attend religious services.
You may also want to watch:
Staff training was found not to be up to date, while care plans were not personalised and did not show the most recent information on needs, preferences and risks.
Medicines were also not managed safely, with some not stored correctly and the stocks did not correspond with the record, according to the report.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
The Liberty Centre has not yet responded to a request for a comment.