Dagenham care centre branded ‘inadequate’ after inspection
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
An “inadequate” Dagenham centre which supports people with autism and learning difficulties has been served a warning notice by the Care Quality Commission.
The Liberty Centre, in Claridge Road, was found to have not met five regulations relating to personal care during an inspection on January 19 and 20.
It was handed an “inadequate” rating for not being safe and well-led, while the service’s effectiveness, caring and responsiveness all “require improvement”, according to the report, which was released today.
The home provides domiciliary care for one person and supported living for four others, but the CQC found that residents “were not always protected from abuse and harm” and that “incidents of violent behaviour that had resulted in injury” had not always been reported or followed up effectively.
The report added that staff were found to not always follow the Mental Capacity Act 2005 for those who lacked capacity to make their own decision, but found that people’s “cultural background and personal preferences” were respected with regards to food. One person was also supported to attend religious services.
You may also want to watch:
Staff training was found not to be up to date, while care plans were not personalised and did not show the most recent information on needs, preferences and risks.
Medicines were also not managed safely, with some not stored correctly and the stocks did not correspond with the record, according to the report.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 6 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 9 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 10 Column: Pride and trust continues to grow in Dagenham squad
The Liberty Centre has not yet responded to a request for a comment.