Dagenham care home bounces back from poor inspection
- Credit: Archant
A care home that was flagged for poor cleanliness and infection control has been cleared of failing standards.
Action was taken on Chestnut Court in Frizlands Lane, Dagenham, earlier this year by the Care Quality Commission following concerns for the health of its elderly residents.
Along with a lack of activities and inadequate numbers of staff, inspectors found dirty hygiene pads and bedpans on their visits in March.
The care home were asked to send a report to the CQC setting out what action would be taken.
A consequent visit by the CQC has deemed the care home is delivering on all aspects of caring standards.
You may also want to watch:
The report summary noted: “Care and treatment was planned and delivered in a way that was intended to ensure people’s safety and welfare. People were given opportunities to take part in activities on their own or in a group. Effective systems were in place to reduce the risk and spread of infection.”
It continued: “We examined all of the communal areas and 15 of the bedrooms and found that all the areas were clean. We spoke to the manager of the home who told us that an effective monitoring regime had now been put in place to ensure that the home remained clean and properly maintained at all times.”
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 2 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 3 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 'Woke rubbish': Losing candidate on stir over 'unspellable' names comment
- 6 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 7 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 8 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 9 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 10 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night