Visit pharmacists for minor health problems, doctors urge
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
GPs in Barking and Dagenham have urged those feeling under the weather this winter to see a pharmacist early on to get expert advice and treatment.
As part of the NHS’ help us, help you campaign, GPs have stressed that pharmacists, who are qualified healthcare professionals, can help deal with minor health problems before they develop into something more serious.
This, among other things, applies to coughs, colds, sore throats, tummy troubles and aches and pains.
Hemant Patel, secretary of the North East London local pharmaceutical committee, said: “Every pharmacist trains for five years in the use of medicines before they qualify and they are also trained in managing minor illnesses and providing health and wellbeing advice.”
“Don’t wait for minor health concerns to get worse – speak to your pharmacy team to get advice right there and then.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit nhs.uk/staywell
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 3 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Dagenham held to a draw at Stockport as they continue unbeaten run
- 10 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations