Downward trend in Covid patient numbers continues into March
- Credit: Ken Mears
Daily counts of Covid patients across east London hospitals have continued their downward trend after the lowest numbers since December were recorded last week.
Here are the latest figures for the NHS trusts in the area:
Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals
A combined 91 confirmed Covid patients – including five on ventilators – were recorded at King George and Queen’s hospitals on Tuesday, (March 1).
The count dropped to 81 on February 25 and 26 - the lowest daily total since December 12.
On average, there were 89 Covid patients each day in the week from February 23 to March 1.
The latest figure compares with a total of 97 – including six on mechanical ventilation - across the hospitals on the previous Tuesday (February 22).
- 1 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 2 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 6 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 7 Zouma brothers to face the courts amid animal abuse allegations
- 8 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 9 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 10 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
The average patients per day in the week to that date was 113 patients.
The trust, which runs five hospitals, recorded 155 confirmed Covid patients on Tuesday, including eight on ventilators.
This total was the lowest seen since December 18.
On the previous Tuesday, February 22, there were a combined 191 patients at the hospitals, with eight on mechanical ventilation.
The average daily count in the week from February 23 to March 1 was 168.
The previous week, the average across The Royal London, Mile End, Newham, Whipps Cross and St Bartholomew's hospitals was 199.