Events planned for World Mental Health Day in Barking and Dagenham
There’s to chance to learn more about mental health and the support available as part of World Mental Health Day.
Dagenham Library will raising awareness of the issue from 11am to 4pm on October 10 by running stalls promoting wellbeing and recovery from mental illness and providing information on care and support.
Organisations taking part include DABD (uk), the council, Alzheimer’s Society and the Volunteer Bureau’s Get Together Group.
On the same day members of the council’s Health and Adult Services Select Committee will host a focus group meeting at the Broadway Theatre in Barking between 4pm and 5pm.
They will talk to mental health service users and residents to find out at how the current recession is affecting their mental health and wellbeing.
You may also want to watch:
The findings will form part of a report on the emotional impact of the government’s austerity measures and welfare reforms.
To take part in the focus group contact Lisa Hodges by email on Lisa.Hodges@lbbd.gov.uk or call 020 8227 5484.
- 1 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations
- 2 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 3 Barking Riverside homeowners urge developer to cover cost of decking replacements
- 4 Patrols target antisocial behaviour in Barking town centre
- 5 Mum of girl with rare genetic condition vows to keep raising awareness
- 6 What is changing when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 7 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 8 Man shot in the face in Dagenham
- 9 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
- 10 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog