Events planned for World Mental Health Day in Barking and Dagenham
There’s to chance to learn more about mental health and the support available as part of World Mental Health Day.
Dagenham Library will raising awareness of the issue from 11am to 4pm on October 10 by running stalls promoting wellbeing and recovery from mental illness and providing information on care and support.
Organisations taking part include DABD (uk), the council, Alzheimer’s Society and the Volunteer Bureau’s Get Together Group.
On the same day members of the council’s Health and Adult Services Select Committee will host a focus group meeting at the Broadway Theatre in Barking between 4pm and 5pm.
They will talk to mental health service users and residents to find out at how the current recession is affecting their mental health and wellbeing.
The findings will form part of a report on the emotional impact of the government’s austerity measures and welfare reforms.
To take part in the focus group contact Lisa Hodges by email on Lisa.Hodges@lbbd.gov.uk or call 020 8227 5484.
- 1 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 2 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 3 Family of woman who died after surgery in Turkey 'to pursue legal action' in search for truth
- 4 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham woman first UK patient to receive bionic eye implant
- 6 Community comes together in photo shoot for new film studio
- 7 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 8 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
- 9 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
- 10 McMahon 'really disappointed' to see Dagenham & Redbridge defeated by Stockport