Events planned for World Mental Health Day in Barking and Dagenham
There’s to chance to learn more about mental health and the support available as part of World Mental Health Day.
Dagenham Library will raising awareness of the issue from 11am to 4pm on October 10 by running stalls promoting wellbeing and recovery from mental illness and providing information on care and support.
Organisations taking part include DABD (uk), the council, Alzheimer’s Society and the Volunteer Bureau’s Get Together Group.
On the same day members of the council’s Health and Adult Services Select Committee will host a focus group meeting at the Broadway Theatre in Barking between 4pm and 5pm.
They will talk to mental health service users and residents to find out at how the current recession is affecting their mental health and wellbeing.
You may also want to watch:
The findings will form part of a report on the emotional impact of the government’s austerity measures and welfare reforms.
To take part in the focus group contact Lisa Hodges by email on Lisa.Hodges@lbbd.gov.uk or call 020 8227 5484.
- 1 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 2 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 5 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 6 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 7 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 8 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 10 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking