Free parking for NHS staff and key workers in Barking and Dagenham extended
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The town hall has extended free parking permits for NHS staff and key workers until the end of January.
The permits allow key workers - including some frontline council staff, carers, volunteers, teachers and police - to use the borough’s car parks, as well as residents and paid bays in controlled parking zones, for free.
Since the pandemic began, the council has issued almost 1,850 free parking permits, with more than 1,350 given to NHS workers.
Councillor Margaret Mullane, cabinet member for enforcement and community safety, said: “Our NHS staff and key workers have worked incredibly hard throughout this whole pandemic, so I am thrilled to let them know that we are extending the free parking until the end of January.
“I hope this offer goes some way in letting these amazing people know how much we appreciate them.”
You may also want to watch:
Visit lbbd.gov.uk/parking-permits for more information.
- 1 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 3 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 6 'Woke rubbish': Losing candidate on stir over 'unspellable' names comment
- 7 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 8 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 9 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 10 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night