Free parking for NHS staff and key workers in Barking and Dagenham extended
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The town hall has extended free parking permits for NHS staff and key workers until the end of January.
The permits allow key workers - including some frontline council staff, carers, volunteers, teachers and police - to use the borough’s car parks, as well as residents and paid bays in controlled parking zones, for free.
Since the pandemic began, the council has issued almost 1,850 free parking permits, with more than 1,350 given to NHS workers.
Councillor Margaret Mullane, cabinet member for enforcement and community safety, said: “Our NHS staff and key workers have worked incredibly hard throughout this whole pandemic, so I am thrilled to let them know that we are extending the free parking until the end of January.
“I hope this offer goes some way in letting these amazing people know how much we appreciate them.”
You may also want to watch:
Visit lbbd.gov.uk/parking-permits for more information.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 3 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 4 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 5 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 6 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 10 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed