Barking GP named clinical champion for diabetes care
- Credit: NHS
A Barking GP has been appointed as a Diabetes UK clinical champion for her contribution to improving diabetes care.
Dr Anju Gupta, clinical director and diabetes clinical lead at Barking and Dagenham Clinical Commission Group (CCG) was amongst three north east London NHS staff appointed for her clinical expertise and integrity.
As a clinical champion, Anju will access best practice diabetes care examples from across the UK and seek to implement this locally.
She said: “As a Diabetes UK clinical champion, my aim is to reduce diabetes-related health inequalities by empowering patients, for example with easier access to diabetes structured education.”
Anju added that diabetes care in Barking and Dagenham has improved substantially over the last few years through a local diabetes scheme.
You may also want to watch:
The clinical champions programme was designed to support and develop the work of clinicians in diabetes care.
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 4 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 5 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 6 'The entire game will mourn him': Tributes to football great Jimmy Greaves
- 7 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 8 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL