Barking GP named clinical champion for diabetes care
- Credit: NHS
A Barking GP has been appointed as a Diabetes UK clinical champion for her contribution to improving diabetes care.
Dr Anju Gupta, clinical director and diabetes clinical lead at Barking and Dagenham Clinical Commission Group (CCG) was amongst three north east London NHS staff appointed for her clinical expertise and integrity.
As a clinical champion, Anju will access best practice diabetes care examples from across the UK and seek to implement this locally.
She said: “As a Diabetes UK clinical champion, my aim is to reduce diabetes-related health inequalities by empowering patients, for example with easier access to diabetes structured education.”
Anju added that diabetes care in Barking and Dagenham has improved substantially over the last few years through a local diabetes scheme.
You may also want to watch:
The clinical champions programme was designed to support and develop the work of clinicians in diabetes care.
- 1 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 2 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 3 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 6 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 7 Barking Riverside homeowners urge developer to cover cost of decking replacements
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations
- 10 Man shot in the face in Dagenham