Head of Barking and Dagenham slimming group meets TV comic Paddy McGuinness
- Credit: Archant
The manager of a Barking and Dagenham weight-loss group met comedian Paddy McGuinness at an annual awards ceremony to celebrate the work of the group.
Amanda Hickey, who manages Slimming World groups in Barking and Dagenham, met with Mr McGuinness when he co-hosted the Slimming World Awards at the Birmingham’s International Convention Centre.
Mr McGuinness co-starred in Channel 4 comedy Phoenix Nights with school friend Peter Kay before becoming a stand-up comedian and TV presenter.
He said: “I have to admit the most I knew about Slimming World before the awards was a gag in Peter’s routine that refers to Slimming World as being a £1 cheaper than its competitors.
“Jokes aside, I was genuinely amazed to hear about what a difference people like Amanda who run and manage Slimming World groups make to people’s lives.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Hickey said: “We’re so proud of all of our members. Many of them have achieved their target weights and been able do things they never thought possible before slimming down, including doing more with their families, taking up new hobbies, reducing medication or simply fitting in smaller-sized clothes.”
For more information visit www.slimmingworld.com.
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Police chief denies 'systemic' errors
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years