Health scheme looks to boost confidence in Barking and Dagenham youths
- Credit: Archant
A health initiative is hoping to boost the confidence of young people aged 16 to 25.
The Barking Foyer, Wakering Road, will run weekly events for its Healthy Conversations project until March next year in partnership with other East Thames’ foyers in Newham and Redbridge, which make up part of the Foyer Federation.
Events will include a breakfast club, where young people can eat and healthy meals and discuss their benefits, as well as an art club and fitness programmes in dance, aerobic excercise, running and football.
Support worker Rianna Raymond-Williams said: “This is a great opportunity for young people to learn, share and grow. Not only will they gain the chance to become more health conscious, but to understand the benefits of being healthy – which is so important.
“They will also get the chance to meet other young people who may be having the same problems, whether it’s keeping consistent with a diet or regular exercise.”
You may also want to watch:
Contact Rianna at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 9 No disgrace as Dagenham fall to first defeat of the season
- 10 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences