Health scheme looks to boost confidence in Barking and Dagenham youths
- Credit: Archant
A health initiative is hoping to boost the confidence of young people aged 16 to 25.
The Barking Foyer, Wakering Road, will run weekly events for its Healthy Conversations project until March next year in partnership with other East Thames’ foyers in Newham and Redbridge, which make up part of the Foyer Federation.
Events will include a breakfast club, where young people can eat and healthy meals and discuss their benefits, as well as an art club and fitness programmes in dance, aerobic excercise, running and football.
Support worker Rianna Raymond-Williams said: “This is a great opportunity for young people to learn, share and grow. Not only will they gain the chance to become more health conscious, but to understand the benefits of being healthy – which is so important.
“They will also get the chance to meet other young people who may be having the same problems, whether it’s keeping consistent with a diet or regular exercise.”
You may also want to watch:
Contact Rianna at email@example.com for more information.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 5 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 6 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 7 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 8 'Always smiling' former mayoress turns 100
- 9 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 10 Dagenham & Redbridge release six as they announce retained list