Health trust staff host Barking charity bake sale
- Credit: Matt Lund
A bake sale was held in Barking by staff at Thames View Health Centre to raise money for the Youth Offending Service.
North East London Foundation Trust (NELFT) staff were on hand to sell cakes, samosas and even an option of healthy snacks with water and fruit juices to the public in Bastable Avenue on Thursday.
Their efforts saw £176 raised for the Youth Offending Service to help tackle youth crime.
The fundraising was done as part of the trust’s inaugural health and wellbeing week.
NELFT have also seen staff take part in more than 60 other events to raise money and awareness throughout the week.
You may also want to watch:
These included a charity football match, walking sessions and yoga and massage sessions.
Other events put on to enhance participant’s knowledge included gardening sessions, posture advice and slimming tips.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 6 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 9 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 10 Column: Pride and trust continues to grow in Dagenham squad