Health trust staff host Barking charity bake sale
- Credit: Matt Lund
A bake sale was held in Barking by staff at Thames View Health Centre to raise money for the Youth Offending Service.
North East London Foundation Trust (NELFT) staff were on hand to sell cakes, samosas and even an option of healthy snacks with water and fruit juices to the public in Bastable Avenue on Thursday.
Their efforts saw £176 raised for the Youth Offending Service to help tackle youth crime.
The fundraising was done as part of the trust’s inaugural health and wellbeing week.
NELFT have also seen staff take part in more than 60 other events to raise money and awareness throughout the week.
You may also want to watch:
These included a charity football match, walking sessions and yoga and massage sessions.
Other events put on to enhance participant’s knowledge included gardening sessions, posture advice and slimming tips.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years