Health trust staff host Barking charity bake sale
- Credit: Matt Lund
A bake sale was held in Barking by staff at Thames View Health Centre to raise money for the Youth Offending Service.
North East London Foundation Trust (NELFT) staff were on hand to sell cakes, samosas and even an option of healthy snacks with water and fruit juices to the public in Bastable Avenue on Thursday.
Their efforts saw £176 raised for the Youth Offending Service to help tackle youth crime.
The fundraising was done as part of the trust’s inaugural health and wellbeing week.
NELFT have also seen staff take part in more than 60 other events to raise money and awareness throughout the week.
You may also want to watch:
These included a charity football match, walking sessions and yoga and massage sessions.
Other events put on to enhance participant’s knowledge included gardening sessions, posture advice and slimming tips.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 10 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street