Heathway surgery to relocate in Dagenham
A major doctor’s surgery is being moved almost two miles down the road from next January.
The Heathway Medical Centre, which has a patient list of 3,000 people, is located at the top end of Heathway in Dagenham but will move to St Martin’s Vicarage in Goresbrook Road.
The move is due to the lease on the Heathway property expiring in January 2014 and the owners are unwilling to extend it.
St Martin’s Vicarage is currently a five-bedroom detached house and its conversion will require two side extensions, an external staircase and an access ramp.
No parking zone is being added but there are 41 spaces nearby in Goresbrook Road shopping parade that allows two hour stays.
You may also want to watch:
Planning permission was granted at a Development Control Board meeting on May 28 at the council.
Despite the proposals meaning the loss of a family house, councillors decided there were wider healthcare benefits to residents.
- 1 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 3 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 4 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 5 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
- 6 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 7 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 8 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 9 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 10 Dagenham suffer first defeat away to Wrexham