Heathway surgery to relocate in Dagenham
A major doctor’s surgery is being moved almost two miles down the road from next January.
The Heathway Medical Centre, which has a patient list of 3,000 people, is located at the top end of Heathway in Dagenham but will move to St Martin’s Vicarage in Goresbrook Road.
The move is due to the lease on the Heathway property expiring in January 2014 and the owners are unwilling to extend it.
St Martin’s Vicarage is currently a five-bedroom detached house and its conversion will require two side extensions, an external staircase and an access ramp.
No parking zone is being added but there are 41 spaces nearby in Goresbrook Road shopping parade that allows two hour stays.
You may also want to watch:
Planning permission was granted at a Development Control Board meeting on May 28 at the council.
Despite the proposals meaning the loss of a family house, councillors decided there were wider healthcare benefits to residents.
- 1 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Badminton club founder gets BEM
- 3 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 4 Man in drink driving arrest as overturned car on A13 causes queues
- 5 Family endures 'horrific leaks' at Dagenham block of flats
- 6 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend
- 7 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
- 8 Pensioner arrested after £4m suspected drugs seizure
- 9 Woman, 68, attacked in Dagenham
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham man who murdered 'gentle giant' in mistaken identity shooting