Hot stuff! Barking library sauna officially opens
- Credit: Archant
The offical launch of a sauna in Barking Learning Centre proved a hot topic on Wednesday last week.
The Mayor of Barking and Dagenham, Cllr Elizabeth Kangethe, cut a ribbon and made a speech at the opening, while council leader Cllr Darren Rodwell was spotted in the sauna – dressed in his suit.
The Bath House initially started as art project by Create but is now being developed by Farrah Idris and Rachelle Moulai as part of the borough’s ongoing legacy of the 2012 Olympics, aiming to support health and wellbeing in the community.”
Farrah, The Bath House’s director and therapist, said: “Originally it was a pop up but it was so popular that it was maintained.
“It is a community space fusing health, art and people to interact and develop.”
The official launch also exhibited artworks by local artist Uroosha Rasheed, and included an introduction to sauna therapy by Katie Bracher.
The Bath House, which offers reiki and reflexology treatments along with yoga sessions, is open Wednesdays to Sundays.
- 1 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 2 Man sublet his council property in Barking while living in West Yorkshire
- 3 Fourth man charged with murder of Dagenham man Tomasz Waga
- 4 Eastbury Manor House to reopen 'as soon as possible'
- 5 Woman treated at scene of blaze at Dagenham block of flats
- 6 Dagenham & Redbridge rally to win at Weymouth
- 7 Have your say on the proposed east London constituency boundary changes
- 8 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 9 'He will not survive the cold': Family fear for missing Sphynx cat
- 10 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
For more information, visit thebathhousebarking.org or call 020 8227 2991.