Hot stuff! Barking library sauna officially opens
- Credit: Archant
The offical launch of a sauna in Barking Learning Centre proved a hot topic on Wednesday last week.
The Mayor of Barking and Dagenham, Cllr Elizabeth Kangethe, cut a ribbon and made a speech at the opening, while council leader Cllr Darren Rodwell was spotted in the sauna – dressed in his suit.
The Bath House initially started as art project by Create but is now being developed by Farrah Idris and Rachelle Moulai as part of the borough’s ongoing legacy of the 2012 Olympics, aiming to support health and wellbeing in the community.”
Farrah, The Bath House’s director and therapist, said: “Originally it was a pop up but it was so popular that it was maintained.
“It is a community space fusing health, art and people to interact and develop.”
You may also want to watch:
The official launch also exhibited artworks by local artist Uroosha Rasheed, and included an introduction to sauna therapy by Katie Bracher.
The Bath House, which offers reiki and reflexology treatments along with yoga sessions, is open Wednesdays to Sundays.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 5 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 7 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
For more information, visit thebathhousebarking.org or call 020 8227 2991.