Hot stuff! Barking library sauna officially opens
- Credit: Archant
The offical launch of a sauna in Barking Learning Centre proved a hot topic on Wednesday last week.
The Mayor of Barking and Dagenham, Cllr Elizabeth Kangethe, cut a ribbon and made a speech at the opening, while council leader Cllr Darren Rodwell was spotted in the sauna – dressed in his suit.
The Bath House initially started as art project by Create but is now being developed by Farrah Idris and Rachelle Moulai as part of the borough’s ongoing legacy of the 2012 Olympics, aiming to support health and wellbeing in the community.”
Farrah, The Bath House’s director and therapist, said: “Originally it was a pop up but it was so popular that it was maintained.
“It is a community space fusing health, art and people to interact and develop.”
You may also want to watch:
The official launch also exhibited artworks by local artist Uroosha Rasheed, and included an introduction to sauna therapy by Katie Bracher.
The Bath House, which offers reiki and reflexology treatments along with yoga sessions, is open Wednesdays to Sundays.
- 1 Council warns residents after reports of rogue traders in Dagenham
- 2 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
- 3 Queen's Birthday Honours: Badminton club founder gets BEM
- 4 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 5 Man in drink driving arrest as overturned car on A13 causes queues
- 6 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 Family endures 'horrific leaks' at Dagenham block of flats
- 9 London Assembly member seeks Met assurances over Euro 2020 'disorder'
- 10 Pensioner arrested after £4m suspected drugs seizure
For more information, visit thebathhousebarking.org or call 020 8227 2991.