‘Inadequate’ Barking GP practice put in special measures
- Credit: Archant
A GP practice which was found to have put patients at risk has been placed in special measures.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) rated Dr Haq’s Practice, in the Abbey Medical Centre in Barking, as inadequate following an inspection.
The Harpour Road service must now make several improvements or face action that could result to closure.
These include the better use of systems to record and report safety concerns and ensuring a proper cleaning schedule for ear syringes.
CQC inspectors also found that arrangements for managing vaccines was insufficient as fridge temperatures were not consistently or appropriately recorded.
You may also want to watch:
There was also some confusion among staff regarding roles and responsibilities.
Annual infection prevention and control audits were not available and there was a lack of communication between clinical and non-clinical staff.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 2 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 3 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 'Woke rubbish': Losing candidate on stir over 'unspellable' names comment
- 6 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 7 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 8 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 9 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 10 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
However patients were positive about their interactions with staff and said they were treated with compassion and dignity.
The practice is used by about 6,500 patients, including a high proportion with a longstanding health condition or with carer responsibilities.
The CQC will reinspect the premises within six months to check whether sufficient improvements have been made.