Latest data shows Covid admissions rising again at east London hospitals
- Credit: Ken Mears
The number of Covid patients being admitted to east London hospitals is rising, new figures show.
We looked at the latest government data - up to Tuesday, June 28 - for the NHS trusts serving Barking and Dagenham, Havering, Newham, Redbridge and Tower Hamlets.
Here is a snapshot of the confirmed Covid patient numbers and hospital admissions, compared with the previous week.
Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals
There were 39 Covid patients in the trust's hospitals on Tuesday this week - the most on a single day in over a month.
That was roughly twice as many as the previous Tuesday - June 21 - when a combined total of 18 was recorded across the Queen's and King George hospitals.
On average, there were 31 Covid patients in hospital each day in the week ending Tuesday (June 28).
The average for the previous week was 18.
- 1 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 2 Gun shots fired in Dagenham
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 5 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 6 Council tax rebates totalling £2m remain unclaimed, authority says
- 7 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 8 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 9 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
- 10 Jailed: Man set woman's family home on fire after campaign of harassment
In the seven days up to last Sunday, June 26, a total of 25 Covid patients were admitted to hospital.
There were no Covid admissions reported in the previous week, ending June 19.
The trust reported 125 Covid patients across its five hospitals on Tuesday - the most on a single day in over seven weeks.
There was a combined total of 94 at the Royal London, Mile End, Newham, Whipps Cross and St Bartholomew's hospitals on the previous Tuesday (June 21).
On average, 113 beds were occupied by Covid patients each day across the hospitals in the week ending on June 28.
The average for the previous week was 83.
In the seven days up to last Sunday, June 26, a total of 106 Covid patients were admitted to the hospitals.
There were 63 Covid admissions in the previous week, ending June 19.