Macmillan Cancer Support van to visit Barking, Ilford and Romford
- Credit: Glyn Collins
A free cancer advice service rolls into Barking, Ilford and Romford next week.
Macmillan Cancer Support’s big, green van will park up with specialists on-hand to answer questions about the deadly disease.
The mobile service stops next to Argos and Boots on the High Road in Ilford between 9am and 4pm on Tuesday, then Market Place in Romford between 8.30am and 3.30pm the following day.
Then, on Thursday, December 13 the team will visit Barking Market, in Barking High Street, between 9am and 5pm.
They encourage anyone with worries or concerns relating to cancer to stop by, whether you’re living with or beyond cancer, or are a carer or loved one of someone who is.
You may also want to watch:
The charity says one in two people are likely to get cancer in their lifetime.
There are at least 210,000 people living with cancer in London, figures from the Office for National Statistics show.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
Researchers fear this figure could rise to an estimated 342,000 by 2030.