Barking and Dagenham MPs wish Boris Johnson well as Prime Minister battles covid-19 in intensive care
- Credit: Parliament
Both Barking and Dagenham MPs have expressed their well wishes to prime minister Boris Johnson as he remains in intensive care at London’s St Thomas’ Hospital.
On Monday evening it emerged that Mr Johnson had been moved to the unit as part of his ongoing treatment for covid-19.
In response to the news, Dame Margaret Hodge, MP for Barking, said: “My thoughts have been with Boris Johnson’s nearest and dearest this week as he receives care at St Thomas’ Hospital.
“As thousands of people with coronavirus are being cared for by our brilliant NHS staff, I wish them all a full and speedy recovery.
“I am sure that like Boris Johnson they feel reassured knowing that they are receiving world class care with the NHS.”
You may also want to watch:
Labour colleague Jon Cruddas, who represents Dagenham and Rainham, added: “This crisis supersedes party political divides and evidently holds no bias. This is something we are facing together as citizens and I wish the prime minister all the best for a speedy recovery. My thoughts are with his family at this time, and also with all those suffering as a result of covid-19.”
So far Mr Johnson has spent two nights in intensive care, with health minister Edward Argar confirming this morning that the prime minister is “comfortable, he’s stable, he’s in good spirits”.
- 1 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 2 Topping out milestone for Barking tower block development
- 3 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 4 Budding entrepreneur from Dagenham wins business pitch competition
- 5 Council warns residents after reports of rogue traders in Dagenham
- 6 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 7 Barking MP joins schoolchildren for managing money lesson
- 8 Steve Allen: 'Oxford students should vote on Magdalen pronunciation instead'
- 9 Dagenham set to announce retained list with three already departing
- 10 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald