Mental health centre unveiled in Dagenham
Mental health patients are using a revamped centre in Dagenham.
Becontree Centre in Becontree Avenue has been expanded and now features an art therapy room, a family therapy facility and nine consulting rooms.
Barking and Dagenham mayor Tony Ramsay took part in the official opening ceremony with staff from North East London NHS Foundation Trust (NELFT) on July 19.
NELFT operational director David Horne said: “This modern development will provide an inspiring environment for service users and staff.
“I’m confident everyone will continue to appreciate this well valued facility and value the staff who deliver such important services.”
The opening of the centre was dedicated to Paula Baisden, an administrator for the team for the past 12 years, who passed away the weekend before the opening.
- 1 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 2 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 3 Ex-soldier launches business to help veterans 'regain their identity'
- 4 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
- 5 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 6 Book examines police failings in Stephen Port investigation
- 7 Bow man charged with three offences after Dagenham stabbing
- 8 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 9 Dagenham man loses third of bodyweight during lockdown
- 10 Quickfire double sends Dagenham & Redbridge past Southend United