Mental health centre unveiled in Dagenham
Mental health patients are using a revamped centre in Dagenham.
Becontree Centre in Becontree Avenue has been expanded and now features an art therapy room, a family therapy facility and nine consulting rooms.
Barking and Dagenham mayor Tony Ramsay took part in the official opening ceremony with staff from North East London NHS Foundation Trust (NELFT) on July 19.
NELFT operational director David Horne said: “This modern development will provide an inspiring environment for service users and staff.
“I’m confident everyone will continue to appreciate this well valued facility and value the staff who deliver such important services.”
You may also want to watch:
The opening of the centre was dedicated to Paula Baisden, an administrator for the team for the past 12 years, who passed away the weekend before the opening.
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 6 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 7 Dagenham restaurant excited to celebrate return of diners 'safely together'
- 8 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 9 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 10 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking