Mental health centre unveiled in Dagenham
Mental health patients are using a revamped centre in Dagenham.
Becontree Centre in Becontree Avenue has been expanded and now features an art therapy room, a family therapy facility and nine consulting rooms.
Barking and Dagenham mayor Tony Ramsay took part in the official opening ceremony with staff from North East London NHS Foundation Trust (NELFT) on July 19.
NELFT operational director David Horne said: “This modern development will provide an inspiring environment for service users and staff.
“I’m confident everyone will continue to appreciate this well valued facility and value the staff who deliver such important services.”
You may also want to watch:
The opening of the centre was dedicated to Paula Baisden, an administrator for the team for the past 12 years, who passed away the weekend before the opening.
- 1 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 3 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 4 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 5 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
- 6 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 7 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 8 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 9 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 10 Dagenham suffer first defeat away to Wrexham