Multi-million pound health hub to open in Dagenham
HEALTH bosses are planning to open a multi-million pound health centre in Dagenham in 2013.
The hub would have a GP surgery, pharmacy, dental surgery, and diagnostic services including X-ray and blood testing.
There are also plans for dedicated diabetes and lung disease care.
The Centre is planned to be near to the Sanofi-Aventis pharmaceutical plant in Rainham Road South and has been described as a “community hospital” by health chiefs though it will have no beds.
It is partly modelled on the �12million revamp of Barking Hospital, which features community health services and is to have maternity beds next year.
But unlike the Hospital, the Dagenham health centre will not feature a maternity unit.
NHS Barking and Dagenham stressed that an initial consultation carried out in 2009 had shown people were in favour of the community hospital near Dagenham East Tube.
- 1 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 2 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 3 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 4 More than 300 homes finished at Beam Park as council leader visits
- 5 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 6 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 7 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 8 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
- 9 Rainham and Dagenham MP calls for delay to ULEZ expansion
- 10 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
Corporate services director Rebecca Scott said: “This consultation found strong public support for a health facility in Dagenham with a wide range of services, in a location that is easy to access, with good transport links and good parking.
“Next steps are to refine the details through the development of a business case, which will also clarify how much the development will cost.
“It is envisaged that the hospital could open in 2013.”