New Weight Watchers centre opens in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
With New Year’s healthy-living plans starting to get serious, a brand new Weight Watchers centre has opened in Dagenham.
Meeting at Goals Soccer Centre, on Cook Road, the doors are open on all-day on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, plus Saturday mornings, and features the area’s first-ever “Men Only” meeting.
Local doctors can now refer patients to Weight Watchers under a free 12-week scheme called Health Solutions.
In addition to receiving help and guidance, those losing 5 per cent of their starting weight within the 12 weeks will receive another 12 weeks free.
Leader Mandy Power, 31, formerly of Frizlands Lane, lost four stone before joining Weight Watchers full-time, and insists the experience has worked wonders for her.
You may also want to watch:
“I feel amazing and my confidence is the highest it’s ever-been,” she said.
“I met my boyfriend a month after reaching my target weight and everything about my lifestyle has improved.
- 1 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 3 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 6 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 7 Barking Riverside homeowners urge developer to cover cost of decking replacements
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Man shot in the face in Dagenham
- 10 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations
“One of the best parts of my job now is getting to see the confidence of others increase.”