New Weight Watchers centre opens in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
With New Year’s healthy-living plans starting to get serious, a brand new Weight Watchers centre has opened in Dagenham.
Meeting at Goals Soccer Centre, on Cook Road, the doors are open on all-day on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, plus Saturday mornings, and features the area’s first-ever “Men Only” meeting.
Local doctors can now refer patients to Weight Watchers under a free 12-week scheme called Health Solutions.
In addition to receiving help and guidance, those losing 5 per cent of their starting weight within the 12 weeks will receive another 12 weeks free.
Leader Mandy Power, 31, formerly of Frizlands Lane, lost four stone before joining Weight Watchers full-time, and insists the experience has worked wonders for her.
You may also want to watch:
“I feel amazing and my confidence is the highest it’s ever-been,” she said.
“I met my boyfriend a month after reaching my target weight and everything about my lifestyle has improved.
- 1 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 2 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 5 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 6 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 7 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
- 8 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 10 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
“One of the best parts of my job now is getting to see the confidence of others increase.”