Essex Cricket holding taster sessions in Barking as part of Alcohol Awareness Week
- Credit: Mick Kearns/TGS Photo
Essex Cricket are throwing their support behind Alcohol Awareness week by staging events in Barking.
The county champions will be staging taster cricket sessions on Monday, November 13 and Wednesday, November 15 in Barking Park.
The programme, called “One Hit to Another Hit”, is aimed at those whose alcohol dependence or other form of addiction has had a great impact on their life.
It is hoped the sessions will encourage people to take up the sport.
Essex Cricket’s east London cricket co-ordinator, Arfan Akram, said: “We have been working closely with the council on new programmes to support substance rehabilitation programmes in societal integration, health and fitness and confidence building. Projects like this will help those in late stage rehabilitation.”
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Maureen Worby, cabinet member for social care and health integration, said: “It is great to see Essex Cricket getting involved in Alcohol Awareness week.
“We are thrilled to be the first borough to stage this programme. Hopefully we can help people get their lives back on track who have been affected by alcohol.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 5 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 6 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
“Drinking in moderation is fine but too much not only hurts your health, it endangers others around you.”