Essex Cricket holding taster sessions in Barking as part of Alcohol Awareness Week
- Credit: Mick Kearns/TGS Photo
Essex Cricket are throwing their support behind Alcohol Awareness week by staging events in Barking.
The county champions will be staging taster cricket sessions on Monday, November 13 and Wednesday, November 15 in Barking Park.
The programme, called “One Hit to Another Hit”, is aimed at those whose alcohol dependence or other form of addiction has had a great impact on their life.
It is hoped the sessions will encourage people to take up the sport.
Essex Cricket’s east London cricket co-ordinator, Arfan Akram, said: “We have been working closely with the council on new programmes to support substance rehabilitation programmes in societal integration, health and fitness and confidence building. Projects like this will help those in late stage rehabilitation.”
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Maureen Worby, cabinet member for social care and health integration, said: “It is great to see Essex Cricket getting involved in Alcohol Awareness week.
“We are thrilled to be the first borough to stage this programme. Hopefully we can help people get their lives back on track who have been affected by alcohol.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 3 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Dagenham held to a draw at Stockport as they continue unbeaten run
- 10 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
“Drinking in moderation is fine but too much not only hurts your health, it endangers others around you.”