Queen’s Hospital NHS trust appoints former British Airways executive as chief financial officer
- Credit: Archant
Barking and Dagenham’s NHS hospital trust has appointed the former chief financial officer of British Airways as its new CFO.
Nick Swift joined the Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals Trust (BHRUT) at the start of September, and has taken up the role on an initial 10-month contract.
Mr Swift has more than 20 years of board experience in a variety of international finance roles, and since leaving British Airways in 2016 has pursued a keen interest in health and the NHS – having studied a Masters in Health and Medical Science at University College London, and also having joined East and North Herts NHS Trust as a non-executive director.
He currently lives in Hatfield with his wife Jude and their two daughters.
He said: “I’m really pleased to be joining the team at the Trust. Like many people, I’m very proud of this country’s National Health Service, and it’s great to now be a part of it. There will undoubtedly be challenges, but I’m looking forward to tackling them.”
You may also want to watch:
BHRUT – which runs Queen’s Hospital in Rom Valley Way, Romford, and King George Hospital in Barley Lane, Goodmayes – was placed in financial special measures in February, and former chief executive Matthew Hopkins stepped down from his role in July.
The trust’s Chris Bown, interim chief executive, said: “We are delighted to have secured the services of someone with Nick’s extensive track record, experience and expertise. He’s the kind of person we need to be attracting to the NHS.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 3 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 6 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 7 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 8 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 9 Dagenham held to a draw at Stockport as they continue unbeaten run
- 10 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations
“I, along with the rest of the Board and the Executive team look forward to working closely with Nick to continue to turn around the trust after the recent financial difficulties we have been working through.”