Residents urged to show some love by giving blood on St Valentine’s Day
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Big-hearted residents are being urged to show a little love by donating blood at a pop-up bank on Valentine’s Day.
NHS Blood and Transplant is appealing for volunteers to make appointments to donate blood on February 14 at Dagenham Redbridge Football Club.
It needs 1.5 million units of donated blood each year to meet the needs of patients across England.
Black African, black Caribbean, mixed race and South Asian donors are particularly needed as are those with the universal blood type such as O negative, A negative and B negative.
Appointments can be made between 1.35pm to 4pm and 5pm to 7.30pm at the venue in Victoria Road, Dagenham.
To book an appointment visit blood.co.uk, call 0300 123 23 23 or search for ‘NHS Give Blood’ app.
- 1 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 2 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 3 Family of woman who died after surgery in Turkey 'to pursue legal action' in search for truth
- 4 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham woman first UK patient to receive bionic eye implant
- 6 Community comes together in photo shoot for new film studio
- 7 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 8 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
- 9 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
- 10 McMahon 'really disappointed' to see Dagenham & Redbridge defeated by Stockport