Residents urged to show some love by giving blood on St Valentine’s Day
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Big-hearted residents are being urged to show a little love by donating blood at a pop-up bank on Valentine’s Day.
NHS Blood and Transplant is appealing for volunteers to make appointments to donate blood on February 14 at Dagenham Redbridge Football Club.
It needs 1.5 million units of donated blood each year to meet the needs of patients across England.
Black African, black Caribbean, mixed race and South Asian donors are particularly needed as are those with the universal blood type such as O negative, A negative and B negative.
Appointments can be made between 1.35pm to 4pm and 5pm to 7.30pm at the venue in Victoria Road, Dagenham.
You may also want to watch:
To book an appointment visit blood.co.uk, call 0300 123 23 23 or search for ‘NHS Give Blood’ app.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 3 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Dagenham held to a draw at Stockport as they continue unbeaten run
- 10 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations