Residents urged to show some love by giving blood on St Valentine’s Day
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Big-hearted residents are being urged to show a little love by donating blood at a pop-up bank on Valentine’s Day.
NHS Blood and Transplant is appealing for volunteers to make appointments to donate blood on February 14 at Dagenham Redbridge Football Club.
It needs 1.5 million units of donated blood each year to meet the needs of patients across England.
Black African, black Caribbean, mixed race and South Asian donors are particularly needed as are those with the universal blood type such as O negative, A negative and B negative.
Appointments can be made between 1.35pm to 4pm and 5pm to 7.30pm at the venue in Victoria Road, Dagenham.
You may also want to watch:
To book an appointment visit blood.co.uk, call 0300 123 23 23 or search for ‘NHS Give Blood’ app.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 10 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside