Rush Green community group give generous gift to hospital premature baby unit
- Credit: BHR Hospitals
A kind-hearted community group in Rush Green has donated almost £500 to an intensive care unit for newborns.
Rush Green Community Association members Pat Porter and Rose Wilson handed over a cheque for £480 at Queen’s Hospital in Romford.
“We decided to raise money for the unit because a member of our group knows someone who works here,” said Rose, of Norwood Avenue, Rush Green.
Last Friday’s visit saw the grandmothers meet some of the unit’s newest patients, including month-old baby Henry Webster.
Born eight weeks early, Henry received the all-clear to come home the day after the visit, much to the delight of his mum Lily, 19.
You may also want to watch:
Pat, of Bonham Road, Dagenham, admitted she had “never seen such tiny babies”.
The community association in Rush Green Road raised the funds through a raffle at their annual Christmas bazaar.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 10 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside