Rush Green community group give generous gift to hospital premature baby unit
- Credit: BHR Hospitals
A kind-hearted community group in Rush Green has donated almost £500 to an intensive care unit for newborns.
Rush Green Community Association members Pat Porter and Rose Wilson handed over a cheque for £480 at Queen’s Hospital in Romford.
“We decided to raise money for the unit because a member of our group knows someone who works here,” said Rose, of Norwood Avenue, Rush Green.
Last Friday’s visit saw the grandmothers meet some of the unit’s newest patients, including month-old baby Henry Webster.
Born eight weeks early, Henry received the all-clear to come home the day after the visit, much to the delight of his mum Lily, 19.
You may also want to watch:
Pat, of Bonham Road, Dagenham, admitted she had “never seen such tiny babies”.
The community association in Rush Green Road raised the funds through a raffle at their annual Christmas bazaar.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 5 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 6 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences