Rush Green community group give generous gift to hospital premature baby unit
- Credit: BHR Hospitals
A kind-hearted community group in Rush Green has donated almost £500 to an intensive care unit for newborns.
Rush Green Community Association members Pat Porter and Rose Wilson handed over a cheque for £480 at Queen’s Hospital in Romford.
“We decided to raise money for the unit because a member of our group knows someone who works here,” said Rose, of Norwood Avenue, Rush Green.
Last Friday’s visit saw the grandmothers meet some of the unit’s newest patients, including month-old baby Henry Webster.
Born eight weeks early, Henry received the all-clear to come home the day after the visit, much to the delight of his mum Lily, 19.
You may also want to watch:
Pat, of Bonham Road, Dagenham, admitted she had “never seen such tiny babies”.
The community association in Rush Green Road raised the funds through a raffle at their annual Christmas bazaar.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 3 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Dagenham held to a draw at Stockport as they continue unbeaten run
- 10 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party