Rush Green community group give generous gift to hospital premature baby unit
- Credit: BHR Hospitals
A kind-hearted community group in Rush Green has donated almost £500 to an intensive care unit for newborns.
Rush Green Community Association members Pat Porter and Rose Wilson handed over a cheque for £480 at Queen’s Hospital in Romford.
“We decided to raise money for the unit because a member of our group knows someone who works here,” said Rose, of Norwood Avenue, Rush Green.
Last Friday’s visit saw the grandmothers meet some of the unit’s newest patients, including month-old baby Henry Webster.
Born eight weeks early, Henry received the all-clear to come home the day after the visit, much to the delight of his mum Lily, 19.
Pat, of Bonham Road, Dagenham, admitted she had “never seen such tiny babies”.
The community association in Rush Green Road raised the funds through a raffle at their annual Christmas bazaar.
- 1 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 2 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 4 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 5 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 6 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 7 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 8 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
- 9 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 10 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points