Sisters who saved diabetic mum rewarded by Barking shopping centre
- Credit: Archant
Two girls met Santa as a reward for helping their mum when she had a diabetes attack.
Brooke Hanks, eight, and Ria, five, were invited to the Christmas grotto in Vicarage Field shopping centre in Ripple Road on Saturday after staff read how they called for help when their mum had dangerously high blood sugar levels in last week’s Post.
Their mum, Zoe, said: “Santa was brilliant and knew all about them and spent a lot of time talking to them about how brave they were and what they did.”
The Type 2 diabetic added that she found the visit very moving, and it made her daughters feel very special.
The girls both received jewellery-making kits as their presents from Father Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to thank the centre – it was brilliant,” Zoe added.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 6 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years