Sisters who saved diabetic mum rewarded by Barking shopping centre
- Credit: Archant
Two girls met Santa as a reward for helping their mum when she had a diabetes attack.
Brooke Hanks, eight, and Ria, five, were invited to the Christmas grotto in Vicarage Field shopping centre in Ripple Road on Saturday after staff read how they called for help when their mum had dangerously high blood sugar levels in last week’s Post.
Their mum, Zoe, said: “Santa was brilliant and knew all about them and spent a lot of time talking to them about how brave they were and what they did.”
The Type 2 diabetic added that she found the visit very moving, and it made her daughters feel very special.
The girls both received jewellery-making kits as their presents from Father Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to thank the centre – it was brilliant,” Zoe added.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Barking Riverside residents' frustration at new station delay