Students complete their first year at Coventry University campus in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
The Coventry University campus in Dagenham has just seen its first set of students complete a year of their course.
The Romford Road campus is based at the former Dagenham civic centre and opened in September.
Students on the health and social care BA course received Higher National Certificates to mark the completion of a third of their studies.
Andy Ginn, associate pro vice chancellor at CU London, said: “We are extremely proud of our very first student cohort as they complete their first year having invested their time and hard work.
“They’ve been on a unique journey with usand alongside staff, businesses and the communities we serve, we’re now looking forward to the next chapter of this exciting adventure.”
You may also want to watch:
As part of the course, students are trained in delivering health and social care, to progress onto jobs in the NHS, private health service and local authority providers.
CU London will be hosting an open day for potential students on June 9 from 10am-2pm.
- 1 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 2 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Barking and Dagenham girls' district suffer heavy defeat to Chelmsford
- 5 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 6 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 7 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 8 Margaret Hodge: 'This government has made a bleak winter certain'
- 9 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines