TalkSport presenter Alvin Martin to promote health in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Ex England footballer Alvin Martin is to promote health among socially isolated men at a £23million sports centre that hosted Olympic training sessions during the London Games.
The Talksport presenter will share his fitness regime and stories about his career at West Ham FC during an Age Concern event for the over 50s at Becontree Heath leisure centre in Dagenham on February 15.
Participants will also have the opportunity to undergo health checks, find out about leisure and health activities in Barking and Dagenham and take part in classes at the sports centre in Wood Lane.
Alvin, 54, said: “I’m looking forward to sharing my health and fitness regime with Barking and Dagenham residents.
“It’s been really important for me to remain active and healthy since retiring from playing professional football.”
You may also want to watch:
The Just for HIM - Health Improvement for Men - event takes place between noon and 3pm. It is free but booking is essential. For more information call 01708 796 600.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 5 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 6 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 7 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 8 'Always smiling' former mayoress turns 100
- 9 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 10 Dagenham & Redbridge release six as they announce retained list