TalkSport presenter Alvin Martin to promote health in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
Ex England footballer Alvin Martin is to promote health among socially isolated men at a £23million sports centre that hosted Olympic training sessions during the London Games.
The Talksport presenter will share his fitness regime and stories about his career at West Ham FC during an Age Concern event for the over 50s at Becontree Heath leisure centre in Dagenham on February 15.
Participants will also have the opportunity to undergo health checks, find out about leisure and health activities in Barking and Dagenham and take part in classes at the sports centre in Wood Lane.
Alvin, 54, said: “I’m looking forward to sharing my health and fitness regime with Barking and Dagenham residents.
“It’s been really important for me to remain active and healthy since retiring from playing professional football.”
You may also want to watch:
The Just for HIM - Health Improvement for Men - event takes place between noon and 3pm. It is free but booking is essential. For more information call 01708 796 600.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 9 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 10 No disgrace as Dagenham fall to first defeat of the season