Two cases of coronavirus confirmed at Dagenham care home
- Credit: Adriana Elgueta
There are two cases of coronavirus at the Chestnut Court care home in Dagenham.
The latest incidents were confirmed by the Maria Mallaband care group who are in charge of the Frizlands Lane home.
In a statement, it said: “We can confirm that Chestnut Court care home in Dagenham has had two confirmed cases of Covid-19.
“These two individuals are currently being looked after by medical professionals and monitored closely. Their health, and that of all our staff and other residents living in the home is our upmost priority and we are working closely with community health professionals.”
This total will be added to the seven cases aleady confirmed in the area as of yesterday, Sunday, March 15.
You may also want to watch:
The advice remains that anyone with coronavirus symptoms, however mild, such as a continuous cough or high temperature, must now stay at home for seven days.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 4 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London