Heathway shop evacuated after chemical fumes detected
PUBLISHED: 10:59 05 July 2013 | UPDATED: 11:00 05 July 2013
The Heathway in Dagenham was closed yesterday evening while fire crews investigated reports of chemical fumes.
Firefighters said they attended a shop near Dagenham Heathway station at 7.05pm after they received a call saying there was a smell of chemicals in the basement.
Specialist crews went in with air monitoring equipment but nothing was detected.
The road was shut for several hours while the area was evacuated and situated dealt with.
Dagenham fire crew said they left the scene at around 9.30pm.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Barking and Dagenham Post. Click the link in the orange box above for details.