There With You: Hedgecock Community Centre launches foodbank
- Credit: Emdad Rahman
A community centre has launched a foodbank to support people affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
Volunteers at the Hedgecock Community Centre in Stephen Jewers Gardens, Barking, drop off food at recipients’ door for them to collect.
Foodbank team leader, Emdad Rahman, said: “What we are witnessing in terms of the coronavirus and its rapid spread is nothing short of horrific and communities all over the world have been brought to their knees.
“We hope the added support of small and devoted projects like ours all over the country will unite us all. We will beat this and rise again,” Emdad said.
The project is supported by the One Third Soup Kitchen alongside community stalwarts, Val Shaw and Mohammed Hassan.
You may also want to watch:
It is also to receive support from the BD Collective as part of the council’s BD Can initiative.
Visit hedgecockcentre.org.uk or ring 0330 321 0173.
- 1 Dagenham man sentenced to life for raping teenage girl in his wife's car
- 2 'Appallingly dirty' Dagenham shop doubling up as 'substandard' hotel
- 3 £975 fine after man caught on CCTV getting out of car to wee on street
- 4 Care worker contests fine after 'cloned plates' car caught in bus lane
- 5 Woman seeks long lost relatives who may be in Dagenham
- 6 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 7 Council failed to investigate woman's concern of 'cancer cluster'
- 8 Only eight Covid patients 'critical' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 9 Tributes to 'deeply spiritual' Barking priest following death from cancer
- 10 Eight arrests after stabbing in Barking