Higley blasts APSA display
ESSEX SENIOR LEAGUE Barking 2 London APSA 0 LONDON APSA boss John Higley blamed his team s defeat at Barking on a catalogue of poor decisions by his players. Following a two-week break, a disjointed performance from APSA was punished by the Blues with
ESSEX SENIOR LEAGUE
London APSA 0
LONDON APSA boss John Higley blamed his team's defeat at Barking on a catalogue of 'poor decisions' by his players.
You may also want to watch:
Following a two-week break, a disjointed performance from APSA was punished by the Blues with goals from Ricky Mackin and Simon Stone.
"We dominated a 25-minute spell in the first half, but our decision-making let us down," said Higley.
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 10 Stephen Port inquests: Police chief denies 'systemic' errors
"We got into some good areas of the pitch, but made all the wrong decisions.
"Following their goal, we just seemed to cave in and I'm not sure if it's a result of the break in recent games or that we just had a bad day.
"We have done well in recent weeks and have set our standards, so we need to get back to that in the next game."
The loss has left APSA languishing in 15th place in the Essex Senior League.
Against Barking, APSA's passing was wayward, rendering a sustained period of possession impossible.
It came as no surprise when the hosts gained the ascendancy in the 40th minute.
Midfielder Mackin found the bottom corner of the net with a free kick that snaked through the crowded penalty area and past the visiting keeper.
The home side continued to apply the pressure and APSA finally yielded for a second time.
Stone scored his first goal for the club with a stunning header.
APSA: John Langton, Hussain, McCallagh, Gabor, Houghton, Aubynn, Mustapha, Jamie Langton, Mpalampa, Akpele.
Subs: Haleem, Ali, Burgess, Mpalampa.
Essex Olympian League
Newham United 0 Eyehurst Eagles 1
NEWHAM UNITED stumbled to their first league defeat of the season with a narrow loss at home to a spirited Eyehurst Eagles.
The visitor's decisive goal came midway through the first half. The hosts huffed and puffed, but were unable to find an equaliser.
Newham United: Austen, Polley, J Clarke, Koroma, Hoddy, Grimes, McGuinness, O Clarke, Nott, McGrath, Lewis, Matamisa, Sparrowhawk.
London City Airport League
Brockwell 1 Larron 4
LARRON gunned down Brockwell in this Division One contest.
Luke Campbell grabbed a brace, Michael Sayher and Joe Hennesey also scored, although the visitors did miss a penalty.
Larron's man of the match award went to defender Steven Lewis.