Higley delighted with APSA’s form
LEAGUE CUP GROUP A London APSA 3 Enfield 1893 0 LONDON APSA manager John Higley beamed with pride after his depleted team overcame Enfield 1893 in Group A of the League Cup. Goals from Gregory Akpele, Dada and Anthony Chuck saw off Kevin Lucas men at th
LEAGUE CUP GROUP A
London APSA 3
Enfield 1893 0
LONDON APSA manager John Higley beamed with pride after his depleted team overcame Enfield 1893 in Group A of the League Cup.
You may also want to watch:
Goals from Gregory Akpele, Dada and Anthony Chuck saw off Kevin Lucas' men at the Terrence McMillan Stadium last Thursday.
"I'm really pleased with how the team are progressing on the pitch. Their attitude is spot on and I can't fault their commitment," said Higley, who singled out Bilal Bapu for special praise, even though he was given his marching orders by the referee during the game.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 6 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
"It speaks volumes when you have players like Bapu who went out of his way to get to the game, just to ensure we had the numbers due to the number of players missing," he said.
"He has a big heart and his sending off at the end of the game was down to his enthusiasm to do well, rather than anything malicious."
An injury-ravaged APSA started the game brightly and drew first blood after 25 minutes as Akpele picked out Dada, who smashed the ball into the back of the net.
The home side pushed on and within five minutes they had doubled their lead as Chuck sent a stunning volley into the top corner.
APSA continued to dominate and wrapped up the scoring when Akpele met Stuart Houghton's corner with an unstoppable header.
APSA: McCullagh, John Langton, S Mpalampa, Chuck, Hussian, Mustapha, Dixon, Jamie Langton, Dada, Houghton, Akpele. Subs: Bapu, Salim.