Hitting heights with four stars
A TOP performance rating has been secured by Barking and Dagenham Council.. The Audit Commission, an independent watchdog, awarded the council four stars out of four, putting it among the best performers in the country. Barking and Dagenham Council was al
A TOP performance rating has been secured by Barking and Dagenham Council..
The Audit Commission, an independent watchdog, awarded the council four stars out of four, putting it among the best performers in the country.
Barking and Dagenham Council was also deemed to be 'improving strongly'.
The results are a significant step up from last year, when the council was given three stars and from 2004 when they received just two stars.
You may also want to watch:
This year's report said the council had made significant improvements for children, housing, benefits and ensuring council tax is being spent responsibly.
Council leader, Cllr Charles Fairbrass, said: "These outstanding results clearly show that we have some of the best services in London.
- 1 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 2 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 3 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 4 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 5 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 6 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 8 All borough's care home residents have had first Covid vaccination
- 9 Covid funding boost for charities promoting youth arts and inclusion
- 10 Free parking for NHS staff and key workers extended
"In these tough economic times it's great to know we are giving excellent services and providing value for money."
Chief executive Rob Whiteman added: "This is wonderful news and a fantastic achievement by all our staff.
"The council does not get everything right, but awards like this show that compared to other councils we are keen to learn and that we get a great deal right.