Stratford and Barking and Dagenham volunteers delivering Christmas dinners to homeless from pop up bus
- Credit: Archant
A pop up bus is to deliver urgent supplies to the East End’s homeless this Christmas.
Volunteers from community groups Lola’s Homeless, based in Stratford, and Barking and Dagenham’s Nightingale Angels UK will tour homelessness hotspots overnight on December 15.
The groups’ minibus will start in Stratford Morrisons, then head to Leytonstone High Road, Walthamstow market, Hackney town hall and Whitechapel station.
They will hand out hats, gloves, scarves and hot dinners paid for by the generosity of donors.
Lola’s Homeless founder, Lorraine Tabone, said: “I want to thank people who donated from the bottom of my heart.
You may also want to watch:
“But we still need help. Homelessness is not just at Christmas but all year round.”
Nightingale Angels UK’s Bren Otto said: “It’s so good two organisations can get together and do something good.”
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 3 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 6 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 9 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 10 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
Lola’s is keen to hear from Bed and Breakfast owners who can spare a room over Christmas which Lola’s would pay for.
Ring Lorraine on 07950355241. Visit the group’s Facebook pages for more.