Stratford and Barking and Dagenham volunteers delivering Christmas dinners to homeless from pop up bus
- Credit: Archant
A pop up bus is to deliver urgent supplies to the East End’s homeless this Christmas.
Volunteers from community groups Lola’s Homeless, based in Stratford, and Barking and Dagenham’s Nightingale Angels UK will tour homelessness hotspots overnight on December 15.
The groups’ minibus will start in Stratford Morrisons, then head to Leytonstone High Road, Walthamstow market, Hackney town hall and Whitechapel station.
They will hand out hats, gloves, scarves and hot dinners paid for by the generosity of donors.
Lola’s Homeless founder, Lorraine Tabone, said: “I want to thank people who donated from the bottom of my heart.
You may also want to watch:
“But we still need help. Homelessness is not just at Christmas but all year round.”
Nightingale Angels UK’s Bren Otto said: “It’s so good two organisations can get together and do something good.”
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Barking father's car stolen from driveway
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 8 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 9 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 10 Letter: Climate change and the floods
Lola’s is keen to hear from Bed and Breakfast owners who can spare a room over Christmas which Lola’s would pay for.
Ring Lorraine on 07950355241. Visit the group’s Facebook pages for more.