Homes evacuated after Dagenham chemical incident
PUBLISHED: 13:16 08 February 2016 | UPDATED: 13:37 08 February 2016
A row of houses had to be evacuated because of a chemical incident in Dagenham on Friday night.
Firefighters were called to Baden Powell Close just before 5.30pm and temporarily evacuated 12 people from their homes following reports of a petrol smell, later believed to be from a discarded jerry can found behind the terraced properties.
Two women and a child were treated at the scene for suspected carbon monoxide inhalation by paramedics from the London Ambulance Service.
Fire crews from Barking and Bethnal Green stations attended the incident.
Did you see what happened, or were you evacuated?
Call 02084773824 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Barking and Dagenham Post. Click the link in the orange box above for details.