Horn succeeds with Gator aid
TWO members of the Hainault-based Gator Boxing Club have reached the semi-finals of the English Schools Boxing Championships. Harvey Horn, a southpaw and pupil at Epping s St John s Comprehensive School, scored a majority decision over Billericay s Carl
TWO members of the Hainault-based Gator Boxing Club have reached the semi-finals of the English Schools' Boxing Championships.
Harvey Horn, a southpaw and pupil at Epping's St John's Comprehensive School, scored a majority decision over Billericay's Carl Davis in the quarter-finals at Grays, Essex, on Sunday.
After two rounds in which a clash of styles left the contest evenly-balanced, Abridge resident Horn, 13, upped the tempo in the final round to narrowly defeat a skilful opponent.
In reaching this stage of the competition, Harvey had earlier outscored a previously undefeated national champion.
You may also want to watch:
It was a much easier passage for Harvey's club mate Shaquille Davis, who had a walkover in his bout.
Gator Boxing Club has recently relocated to premises on the Hainault Industrial estate, Redbridge, and is developing a strong squad of young boxers.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 5 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 7 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences