Horn succeeds with Gator aid
TWO members of the Hainault-based Gator Boxing Club have reached the semi-finals of the English Schools Boxing Championships. Harvey Horn, a southpaw and pupil at Epping s St John s Comprehensive School, scored a majority decision over Billericay s Carl
TWO members of the Hainault-based Gator Boxing Club have reached the semi-finals of the English Schools' Boxing Championships.
Harvey Horn, a southpaw and pupil at Epping's St John's Comprehensive School, scored a majority decision over Billericay's Carl Davis in the quarter-finals at Grays, Essex, on Sunday.
After two rounds in which a clash of styles left the contest evenly-balanced, Abridge resident Horn, 13, upped the tempo in the final round to narrowly defeat a skilful opponent.
In reaching this stage of the competition, Harvey had earlier outscored a previously undefeated national champion.
You may also want to watch:
It was a much easier passage for Harvey's club mate Shaquille Davis, who had a walkover in his bout.
Gator Boxing Club has recently relocated to premises on the Hainault Industrial estate, Redbridge, and is developing a strong squad of young boxers.
- 1 Hainault woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Badminton club founder gets BEM
- 3 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 4 Man in drink driving arrest as overturned car on A13 causes queues
- 5 Family endures 'horrific leaks' at Dagenham block of flats
- 6 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend
- 7 Pensioner arrested after £4m suspected drugs seizure
- 8 Woman, 68, attacked in Dagenham
- 9 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham man who murdered 'gentle giant' in mistaken identity shooting