Hotel for Dogs (U)
ANDI and Bruce have a secret – a furry, adorable and always hungry Jack Russell terrier named Friday. When they can no longer keep their beloved pet in their small apartment, which has a strict no dogs allowed policy, they decide to do whatever it takes t
ANDI and Bruce have a secret - a furry, adorable and always hungry Jack Russell terrier named Friday.
When they can no longer keep their beloved pet in their small apartment, which has a strict no dogs allowed policy, they decide to do whatever it takes to make a new home for him.
HOTEL FOR DOGS (U) is an urban fairy tale based on a children's book by Lois Duncan.
Film producer Lauren Shuler Donner says: "Hotel for Dogs is as much an adventure as it is a comedy. Andi and Bruce have to ingeniously find a way to hide their own dog and eventually, every stray dog they come across.
"The more dogs they rescue, the more dangerous it becomes for them.
"So Bruce has to keep coming up with new inventions to keep the dogs happy and quiet."
- 1 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 2 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 3 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 4 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 5 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 6 Serving Met officer suspended from duty after stalking charge
- 7 More than 300 homes finished at Beam Park as council leader visits
- 8 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 10 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
She says the comedy comes from the dogs' personalities and interaction.
"I sensed that working with the dogs would give rise to some happy accidents on the set, and I was right.
"And then, of course, there were the run machines Bruce puts together from stuff the rest of us would regard as junk. They're all so clever, you just have to laugh in appreciation."
Emma Roberts and Jake T Austin star as the children. Don Cheadle and Lisa Kudrow are among the adults.