Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The average house price in Barking and Dagenham fell slightly in April after reaching a record high in March, new figures reveal.
However, the average of £312,288 in April was still the third-highest month on record and £20,685 higher than a year earlier, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
The top five average house prices in Barking and Dagenham since records began in 1995 have all been in the five months from last December to April this year.
The then-record of £309,560 in December continued to rise each month to a new high of £315,751 in March.
The drop in April ended six consecutive months of house price growth since September last year (£300,004).
You may also want to watch:
In the UK, the typical property value fell by £5,000 to £251,000 in April after also reaching a record high in March, ending 11 months of consecutive growth.
London had the lowest annual growth (3.3 per cent) of any region for the fifth consecutive month.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 5 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 6 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences