Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The average house price in Barking and Dagenham fell slightly in April after reaching a record high in March, new figures reveal.
However, the average of £312,288 in April was still the third-highest month on record and £20,685 higher than a year earlier, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
The top five average house prices in Barking and Dagenham since records began in 1995 have all been in the five months from last December to April this year.
The then-record of £309,560 in December continued to rise each month to a new high of £315,751 in March.
The drop in April ended six consecutive months of house price growth since September last year (£300,004).
In the UK, the typical property value fell by £5,000 to £251,000 in April after also reaching a record high in March, ending 11 months of consecutive growth.
London had the lowest annual growth (3.3 per cent) of any region for the fifth consecutive month.
- 1 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 2 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 3 Family of woman who died after surgery in Turkey 'to pursue legal action' in search for truth
- 4 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham woman first UK patient to receive bionic eye implant
- 6 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 7 Community comes together in photo shoot for new film studio
- 8 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
- 9 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
- 10 Daggers blunted by early Stockport brace