Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The average house price in Barking and Dagenham fell slightly in April after reaching a record high in March, new figures reveal.
However, the average of £312,288 in April was still the third-highest month on record and £20,685 higher than a year earlier, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
The top five average house prices in Barking and Dagenham since records began in 1995 have all been in the five months from last December to April this year.
The then-record of £309,560 in December continued to rise each month to a new high of £315,751 in March.
The drop in April ended six consecutive months of house price growth since September last year (£300,004).
You may also want to watch:
In the UK, the typical property value fell by £5,000 to £251,000 in April after also reaching a record high in March, ending 11 months of consecutive growth.
London had the lowest annual growth (3.3 per cent) of any region for the fifth consecutive month.
- 1 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 3 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 4 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 5 Mum plans 30-mile walk to Barking Station to raise money to help son take first steps
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 London boroughs with fastest and slowest wage growth revealed
- 8 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 9 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 10 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'