'Affordable' Dagenham housing scheme completed
- Credit: Ellie Hoskins
A housing scheme has been completed near a former Ford site in Dagenham.
Be First, Barking and Dagenham Council's development arm, confirmed that 90 'affordable' homes in Chequers Lane are ready to be moved into.
Council leader Darren Rodwell visited the site along with Michael Westbrook of Reside and Kevin Parsons, director of housebuilder Hollybrook Ltd.
Cllr Rodwell said: “It’s great to see these quality affordable homes for local people completed.
"This whole area is in the fast lane of regeneration with thousands of homes coming to nearby Beam Park and of course we’ve got the City of London markets coming here too.”
The council has taken ownership of the 90 homes in a turnkey deal, which means the sale of a completed product.
The homes will be made up of 69 per cent at affordable rent and 31pc at London Affordable Rent.
- 1 'Affordable' Dagenham housing scheme completed
- 2 Kittens dumped in Barking 'like rubbish' in 35C heatwave
- 3 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 4 'Extremely hard': Mum donates Isla Caton's toys in act of kindness so 'her legacy lives on'
- 5 Dagenham & Redbridge 'should hit the ground running'
- 6 Jailed: Man set woman's family home on fire after campaign of harassment
- 7 Jailed: Dagenham dealer supplied Class A drugs to Colchester users
- 8 German Doner Kebab opens new Barking restaurant
- 9 ‘What was going on?’: Mother queries inaction over NHS referral prior to daughter's death
- 10 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
Mr Parsons added: “This is a very high-quality scheme delivered on time and on budget."