Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged or approved over last 30 days
- Credit: Peabody
Interested in what developments could be coming to Barking and Dagenham?
Check out this overview of three of the most significant planning applications lodged or determined over the last 30 days.
Please note that this list is non-exhaustive - further information is available on the council's planning portal.
What: Demolish the existing building to erect a three-storey building providing six one-bedroom flats and a three-storey house.
Where: 219 Morley Road, Barking, IG11 7DH
When: Application validated - March 3
- 1 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 5 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 7 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 40 firefighters tackle Anchor Close blaze
- 10 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
Further information: The current building is part one-storey, part two-storey.
It has been vacant for some time, having previously been used for industrial purposes.
What: Build a three storey building to provide three self-contained flats in the rear yard area of a chicken shop takeaway.
Where: 145 Broad Street, Dagenham, RM10 9HX
When: Application approved - March 10
Further information: One flat would have a single bedroom, while the others would have two bedrooms.
The Admiral Vernon pub and Barchester Park View Care Home are located near the proposed site.
What: Demolish the existing buildings and structures to build up to 3,502 homes as one aspect of a mixed-use development.
When: Outline planning permission granted - March 14
Where: Former Dagenham Stamping And Tooling Operations Site, Chequers Lane, Dagenham, RM9 6SA
Further information: This scheme - known as Dagenham Green - also features shops and restaurants; pedestrian and public transport connections; and land for a secondary school.
The Greater London Authority (GLA) will now consider the plans, about which further information can be found here.