Homes under the Planner: Applications submitted or decided recently
- Credit: Google
Interested in what developments could be coming to Barking and Dagenham?
Here’s a round-up of some notable planning applications lodged, approved or refused over the last 30 days.
For more information on the below proposals, and a full list of all applications, visit the council’s planning portal.
Where: Eastbrook Cafe & Restaurant, 264 Rainham Road South, Dagenham, RM10 7UU
What: Knock down existing outbuilding and build a two-storey rear extension to create two, two-bedroom flats over two floors.
When: Application received - March 22
- 1 Baby boy died from 'whiplash' injuries caused by shaking, trial hears
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after 'unexplained' incident off Heathway
- 3 Missing man last seen travelling to Barking topless in muddy shorts
- 4 Teenager charged with GBH after stabbing in Dagenham
- 5 Woman arrested following Dagenham stabbing
- 6 Error sees 1,800 patients wiped from waiting list without being seen
- 7 Two arrested after shooting and stabbing in Barking
- 8 Man pleads not guilty to unlicensed street trading in Dagenham
- 9 Mayor of London announces Cost of Living Hub for hardest-hit
- 10 Ford Dagenham strike heroine Dora Challingsworth dies
More information: The proposal includes alterations to existing HMO unit, including relocation of centralised staircase to allow access to residential units.
Where: Akanjee Foundation Islamic Centre, 86 Longbridge Road, Barking, IG11 8SF
What: Change of use of the front section of the ground floor from a place of worship to retail.
When: Application received - March 15
More information: The applicant intends to open a clothing shop in the space, according to a supporting document.
Where: 58 Burdetts Road, Dagenham RM9 6XY
What: Build a two-storey, semi-detached, one-bedroom house to the side elevation of the site.
When: Approved - April 6
More information: A new end-of-terrace house, and an off-street parking space, will be built next to 58 Burdetts Road on a part vacant plot alongside the road.
What: Build two, three-bedroom semi-detached houses on land behind existing homes at 79 and 81 Surrey Road, Dagenham.
Where: 81 Surrey Road, Dagenham, RM10 8ET
When: Refused - April 11
More information: In the reasons listed for refusal, the proposed "backland development" was described as out of place and overbearing, while concerns were also raised about access arrangements.