How can they justify a bin?
CLLR Rush says everyone will be receiving bins, and cannot refuse them. I have half a black sack each week, how can they justify that I need a bin. I have written to Cllr Smith about this – no response, last week I called into the Civic Centre and asked
CLLR Rush says everyone will be receiving bins, and cannot refuse them. I have half a black sack each week, how can they justify that I need a bin.
I have written to Cllr Smith about this - no response, last week I called into the Civic Centre and asked to speak to someone about bins.
I was directed to the free phone and spoke to someone who took my particulars, said they had logged my comments and that someone will phone me - no response.
The bins will take longer to empty than the sacks, as the men take two to four bags at a time.
You may also want to watch:
Also every other week we have four visits from the men. One for black sacks, one for orange sacks, one for bottles and one for garden waste.
How much extra in diesel and man hours is this costing, plus also all the fumes and to the increase in pollution.
- 1 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 2 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 3 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 4 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 5 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
I am arguing for choice not compulsion, even if I have to buy my own black sacks.
MRS D NEWLEY