How to Catch and Keep a Vampire - Diana Laurence
YOU VE read all Stephenie Meyers best-sellers, you ve seen The Vampire s Assistant in the cinema, you ve got the Buffy and Angel box sets and you re addicted to TV shows True Blood and Moonlight. So, all you need now is to find out how to attract your ve
YOU'VE read all Stephenie Meyers' best-sellers, you've seen The Vampire's Assistant in the cinema, you've got the Buffy and Angel box sets and you're addicted to TV shows True Blood and Moonlight.
So, all you need now is to find out how to attract your very own vampire boyfriend.
Diana Laurence comes to the rescue with How to Catch and Keep a Vampire (�9.99, Sellers), a step-by-step guide to loving the bad and the beautiful.
Laurence is full of amusing anecdotes about her own vampire dating experiences and debunks a number of myths about our blood-sucking friends.
It seems they cannot fly, although they can hypnotise a mortal into thinking they are flying.
The modern vampire prefers to sleep in a bed rather than a coffin and they can enter your home without being invited, although most are polite enough to wait for said invitation.
- 1 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 2 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 3 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 4 Forests between Dagenham and Brentwood to benefit from mass plantations amid £40 million investment
- 5 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 6 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 7 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 8 'Affordable' Dagenham housing scheme completed
- 9 Kittens dumped in Barking 'like rubbish' in 35C heatwave
- 10 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
They don't even have to drink human blood. Apparently, while mortal scientists were discovering penicillin and creating vaccines, vampire scientists were coming up with synthetic blood.
And how do you attract a vampire boyfriend? Well, it helps to believe in them. And wearing a red satin ribbon around your right wrist is a good starter.
Once you've got him, your work really begins.
Laurence points out: "There's more to dating a vampire than sleeping during the day and keeping a crucifix in the drawer."
If you want to find out more, then this funny and inventive book is for you.
- LINDSAY JONES