Howzat! Tower Hamlets hit their rivals for six on way to Lord’s
TOWER HAMLETS girls overcame Newham and Wandsworth to qualify for the Balfour Beatty London Youth Games Cricket Cup Finals, which were staged last weekend. The team performed strongly, beating both opponents to book their passage to Lord s, where they m
TOWER HAMLETS girls overcame Newham and Wandsworth to qualify for the Balfour Beatty London Youth Games Cricket Cup Finals, which were staged last weekend.
The team performed strongly, beating both opponents to book their passage to Lord's, where they made the quarter-finals before going out to Merton.
Captain Mercy Brown, said: "As a team we have had a great time and we are very pleased with what we have achieved."
Commenting on their success, school sports partnership manager Chris Willetts, said: "It is great to see our boys and girls teams making it through to the finals.
You may also want to watch:
"Cricket in Tower Hamlets is at an all time high and it is testament to the hard work of our staff and the exceptional structure we are developing for cricket in the borough."
In between the qualifying matches, the girls signed a poster wishing the England Women's team good luck for their World Cup adventure in Australia.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
The Tower Hamlets squad, pictured above, was as follows: Brown, Williams, J James, B James, Khanon, Yogmur, Beney, Nermeen.