Two arrests over Dagenham knife-point
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Detectives investigating the knife-point robbery of three teenagers in Dagenham have made two arrests.
Two boys, aged 14 and 16, were arrested separately last week on suspicion of robbery and taken to an east London police station for questioning.
They have since been released under investigation and enquiries are still ongoing.
Police are still appealing for information about the incident, which happened at in Dagenham Road at around 7.50pm on Monday, July 24 as the three young football fans were making their way home after cycling to West Ham United’s Rush Green training ground to see if they could spot some of their heroes.
They were confronted by three males, described as black teenagers, with one threatening the victims with a knife.
Two bikes, which have since been recovered, were stolen along with a number of items of personal property.
Two of the suspects then made off towards Romford while another made off towards Fourth Avenue.
- 1 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 2 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
- 3 Car park killing: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 4 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 5 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 6 Dodgy landlord ordered to pay £64k over illegal HMO on Ripple Road
- 7 'Something is going on': Second dead rabbit found in a week
- 8 Car park killing: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 9 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 10 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call DC Baxter on 07858 401869 or 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.