I feel let down by the unions
I am writing to you to ask why Fords have received a 5.2% pay rise, approved by GMB/UNITE unions? I was taken on as a temp with a view to a permanent contract after 12 months, subject to sickness and competence etc. The motor industry has taken a nosed
I am writing to you to ask why Fords have received a 5.2% pay rise, approved by GMB/UNITE unions?
I was taken on as a temp with a view to a permanent contract after 12 months, subject to sickness and competence etc.
The motor industry has taken a nosedive and orders have slumped in the Dagenham Diesel Centre plant, which has been ongoing since last August.
Because of this my temporary contract was extended to 15 months, saying that due to the economic state, they wouldn't issue my contract.
You may also want to watch:
There were 250 union members and each meeting was told the union was going for a pay rise for the full time workers. The union never fought the company to get our contracts sorted out and I feel very let down by the union.
I still find it hard to believe that they did not fight to keep the 250 members membership going as strength in numbers is one of the unions main aims.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 6 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
- 10 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
I fully understand the economic situation, but to give them a pay rise at the expense of mine and the other 250 jobs, is a bitter pill to swallow, as finding future employment is harder than I first envisaged since being laid off at the beginning of December.....nice xmas present.
name and address supplied