I feel let down by the unions
I am writing to you to ask why Fords have received a 5.2% pay rise, approved by GMB/UNITE unions? I was taken on as a temp with a view to a permanent contract after 12 months, subject to sickness and competence etc. The motor industry has taken a nosed
I am writing to you to ask why Fords have received a 5.2% pay rise, approved by GMB/UNITE unions?
I was taken on as a temp with a view to a permanent contract after 12 months, subject to sickness and competence etc.
The motor industry has taken a nosedive and orders have slumped in the Dagenham Diesel Centre plant, which has been ongoing since last August.
Because of this my temporary contract was extended to 15 months, saying that due to the economic state, they wouldn't issue my contract.
There were 250 union members and each meeting was told the union was going for a pay rise for the full time workers. The union never fought the company to get our contracts sorted out and I feel very let down by the union.
I still find it hard to believe that they did not fight to keep the 250 members membership going as strength in numbers is one of the unions main aims.
- 1 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
- 2 Company fined in court over builder's skips in Dagenham and Chadwell Heath
- 3 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 4 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 5 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
- 6 Barking BikeFest comes to town
- 7 Tossed cigarette in Chadwell Heath costs Beckton man almost £400
- 8 5 of the best things to do with kids in east London
- 9 'Beautiful skin and incredible smile': What happened when the Queen visited a Dagenham school
- 10 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
I fully understand the economic situation, but to give them a pay rise at the expense of mine and the other 250 jobs, is a bitter pill to swallow, as finding future employment is harder than I first envisaged since being laid off at the beginning of December.....nice xmas present.
name and address supplied