I'ver never seen such behaviour
COUNCILLOR Bailey in a letter stated that he as the leader of the minority party gave his full support to the behaviour Cllr Rustem for his behaviour at December s council meeting (Postbag, January 14). Cllr Rustem was asked to apologise for his remarks a
COUNCILLOR Bailey in a letter stated that he as the leader of the minority party gave his full support to the behaviour Cllr Rustem for his behaviour at December's council meeting (Postbag, January 14).
Cllr Rustem was asked to apologise for his remarks about all teachers being like paedophiles because they taught sex education. These remarks are an affront to all teaching staff, and Cllr Rustem should have taken his opportunity to apologise to teachers.
However instead of apologising he went into what can only be called a full blown rage.
The chairman of the meeting made several attempts to bring Cllr Rustem to order, however he just continued his rant until he was forcibly removed from the council chamber.
You may also want to watch:
In my many years as a councillor, I have never seen such behaviour as this.
Cllr Rustem let down his residents and this borough with his remarks and his behaviour.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 6 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
- 10 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
Despite Cllr Bailey's public show of support, I hope that privately he set him straight.
Cllr Jim McDermott