I'ver never seen such behaviour
COUNCILLOR Bailey in a letter stated that he as the leader of the minority party gave his full support to the behaviour Cllr Rustem for his behaviour at December s council meeting (Postbag, January 14). Cllr Rustem was asked to apologise for his remarks a
COUNCILLOR Bailey in a letter stated that he as the leader of the minority party gave his full support to the behaviour Cllr Rustem for his behaviour at December's council meeting (Postbag, January 14).
Cllr Rustem was asked to apologise for his remarks about all teachers being like paedophiles because they taught sex education. These remarks are an affront to all teaching staff, and Cllr Rustem should have taken his opportunity to apologise to teachers.
However instead of apologising he went into what can only be called a full blown rage.
The chairman of the meeting made several attempts to bring Cllr Rustem to order, however he just continued his rant until he was forcibly removed from the council chamber.
You may also want to watch:
In my many years as a councillor, I have never seen such behaviour as this.
Cllr Rustem let down his residents and this borough with his remarks and his behaviour.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 2 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 3 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 'Woke rubbish': Losing candidate on stir over 'unspellable' names comment
- 6 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 7 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 8 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 9 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 10 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
Despite Cllr Bailey's public show of support, I hope that privately he set him straight.
Cllr Jim McDermott