I'ver never seen such behaviour
COUNCILLOR Bailey in a letter stated that he as the leader of the minority party gave his full support to the behaviour Cllr Rustem for his behaviour at December s council meeting (Postbag, January 14). Cllr Rustem was asked to apologise for his remarks a
COUNCILLOR Bailey in a letter stated that he as the leader of the minority party gave his full support to the behaviour Cllr Rustem for his behaviour at December's council meeting (Postbag, January 14).
Cllr Rustem was asked to apologise for his remarks about all teachers being like paedophiles because they taught sex education. These remarks are an affront to all teaching staff, and Cllr Rustem should have taken his opportunity to apologise to teachers.
However instead of apologising he went into what can only be called a full blown rage.
The chairman of the meeting made several attempts to bring Cllr Rustem to order, however he just continued his rant until he was forcibly removed from the council chamber.
You may also want to watch:
In my many years as a councillor, I have never seen such behaviour as this.
Cllr Rustem let down his residents and this borough with his remarks and his behaviour.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 10 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
Despite Cllr Bailey's public show of support, I hope that privately he set him straight.
Cllr Jim McDermott