Icelander off to Belgium
YOUNG West Ham defender Holmar Orn Eyjolfsson has been sent out on loan to Belgian top-flight club KSV Roeselare until the end of the season. The 19-year-old, who was out on loan at League Two outfit Cheltenham earlier in the season, has been a reserve
YOUNG West Ham defender Holmar Orn Eyjolfsson has been sent out on loan to Belgian top-flight club KSV Roeselare until the end of the season.
The 19-year-old, who was out on loan at League Two outfit Cheltenham earlier in the season, has been a reserve team regular for the Hammers, but has failed to break into the first team picture.
The Icelandic under-21 international, was happy to join up with the Belgian boys, despite them sitting at the bottom of their league table and losing their last game 4-0 at home to Gent.
"When this came up as a possibility, I was very interested to go. It is a good standard and there are good teams," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"This should give me quite a few games as there are matches every week."
Eyjolfsson though, hopes his future still lies at Upton Park.
- 1 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 2 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 3 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 4 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 5 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
"My ambition is to come back to West Ham and make my first-team breakthrough," he said. "I still have at least next season to do that. I want to go there, do well, catch the eye and get a chance when I come back.