Ilford cycling ace Perrett is ready for European test
ILFORD S Joe Perrett will compete in the road race and time trial for Great Britain at the European Cycling Championships in early July. Perrett is the current British Junior Circuit Time-Trial champion and has won the right to compete in the red, white a
ILFORD'S Joe Perrett will compete in the road race and time trial for Great Britain at the European Cycling Championships in early July.
Perrett is the current British Junior Circuit Time-Trial champion and has won the right to compete in the red, white and blue bands of a British champion.
In the past three weeks Perrett, who races for the Brentwood-based Glendene Cycling Club, has also added the National 10-mile and National 25-mile time trial titles.
This is a first for a junior cyclist to hold all three titles - not even previous winners, including Olympian Bradley Wiggins, have achieved that.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, he also competed recently at the newly-opened Redbridge Cycling Centre near Hainault, in the national road race series, Hog Hill Junior Grand Prix and claimed his second series victory having previously won the Sid Standard Classic Race in Leicester a few weeks earlier against riders from all over the UK.
Apart from individual successes, Perrett, along with brothers Tom and Rob Yeatman, also became national 10-mile team champions.
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 Staff to strike at primary school in Dagenham
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 5 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 6 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 7 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 8 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 9 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 10 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
A title that the Glendene club has held four times in the past five years.
However, they also took the Team 25- mile National title which has never been achieved before, as the club put itself emphatically on the map in the British Junior Road Cycling scene.