Ilford cycling ace Perrett is ready for European test
ILFORD S Joe Perrett will compete in the road race and time trial for Great Britain at the European Cycling Championships in early July. Perrett is the current British Junior Circuit Time-Trial champion and has won the right to compete in the red, white a
ILFORD'S Joe Perrett will compete in the road race and time trial for Great Britain at the European Cycling Championships in early July.
Perrett is the current British Junior Circuit Time-Trial champion and has won the right to compete in the red, white and blue bands of a British champion.
In the past three weeks Perrett, who races for the Brentwood-based Glendene Cycling Club, has also added the National 10-mile and National 25-mile time trial titles.
This is a first for a junior cyclist to hold all three titles - not even previous winners, including Olympian Bradley Wiggins, have achieved that.
In addition, he also competed recently at the newly-opened Redbridge Cycling Centre near Hainault, in the national road race series, Hog Hill Junior Grand Prix and claimed his second series victory having previously won the Sid Standard Classic Race in Leicester a few weeks earlier against riders from all over the UK.
Apart from individual successes, Perrett, along with brothers Tom and Rob Yeatman, also became national 10-mile team champions.
- 1 Father and son found guilty of Dagenham car park murder of John Avers
- 2 Dagenham woman forced to pay £1,000 over rotting waste in garden
- 3 Ofsted praises progress of Dagenham school after inspection
- 4 Homes under the Planner: Development that could be coming to the borough
- 5 School's new headteacher on wellbeing and helping pupils realise potential
- 6 Car park killing: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 7 Car park killing: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 8 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 9 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 10 Fourth man charged with murder of Dagenham man Tomasz Waga
A title that the Glendene club has held four times in the past five years.
However, they also took the Team 25- mile National title which has never been achieved before, as the club put itself emphatically on the map in the British Junior Road Cycling scene.