Ilford go out with a bang!
ILFORD AC went out with a bang in the fifth and final Essex Cross Country League race at Colchester. Ilford s men s team were able to achieve their best result over the five league races at Saturday s three-lapped course of Abbey Fields A seventh-place
ILFORD AC went out with a bang in the fifth and final Essex Cross Country League race at Colchester.
Ilford's men's team were able to achieve their best result over the five league races at Saturday's three-lapped course of Abbey Fields
A seventh-place finish out of the 21 teams gained 353 points for the team of six scorers, which included Iain MacDonald (43rd), Darren Bottrill (48th), Kevin Newell (58th), Terry Knightley (60th), Andy Catton (69th) and Neil Crisp (75th).
John MacKenzie (104th), Tony Nixon (110th) and Matt Maple (121st) also competed for the men.
You may also want to watch:
The women's team finished ninth out of 18 teams with a score of 194 points. Natalie Crisp was first to score for Ilford in 40th place with a terrific effort in her Essex League debut.
Nicola Hopkinson (48th), Sally Gillam (50th) and Pam Jones (56th) were the runners who completed the team.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 9 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 10 Sam Ling inspires Dagenham to Southend victory
Ilford's Thomas King finished the under-15s boys' race in 30th place. The final team standings for the Essex League had the women in 10th place and the men's team in 11th.
Individual standings reflected the best scores from four of the five races, with veterans Terry Knightly (42nd) and Bree Norden (22nd) ranked the highest finishes for Ilford runners.
The Essex Cross Country Championships will be held at Hadleigh on Saturday.