Ilford on a roll
ILFORD BC kept up their winning form in a friendly fixture on Saturday after demolishing Silverthorn on three rinks and drawing the other to record a 112-54 victory. The main contributer to the win was Vic Rappaport s rink (35-11) while Beckett, Burnett,
ILFORD BC kept up their winning form in a friendly fixture on Saturday after demolishing Silverthorn on three rinks and drawing the other to record a 112-54 victory.
The main contributer to the win was Vic Rappaport's rink (35-11) while Beckett, Burnett, Pluck and Kelly won 28-9, Silver, Penn, Spicer and Forrest won 26-11 and Weiland, Povoas, Bird and Jacobs drew 23-23.
The rink of Terry Lichkin, Jock McCabe, Paul Wellhams and Dave Betts travelled to Colchester on Saturday to compete in the quarter-finals of the County Fours and after a steady start Ilford found themselves 12-10 in front.
They then lost their way and were 19-15 down after 17 ends but ended up winners by one shot to book a semi-final spot against Turpins.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday, Ilford welcomed a team from Cranbrook and continued their winning form, gaining the victory by 80 shots to 55 overall.
The win by Ted Trelease's rink (26-9) was the highlight of the afternoon while Lunn, Kaye, Spicer and Foster won 24-14, Rising, Povoas, Dron and Lucas lost 16-13 and Barc, Allen, Silver and Bird won 17-16.
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 9 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 10 No disgrace as Dagenham fall to first defeat of the season
CRANBROOK PARK BC were beaten 82-53 at Ilford in their annual friendly match, which brought the curtain down on the indoor season.
Ilford triumphed three rinks to one, with Cranbrook's sole success arriving from the rink skipped by Joe Swinburne and including Gerry Weiland, Gerry Levene and Keith Powell.
BARKING Indoor Bowls Club beat Tye Green Bowls Club in the London & Southern Counties Shield semi-final.
Barking now meet Egham BC in the final in Watford on March 21.