Ilford on a roll
ILFORD BC kept up their winning form in a friendly fixture on Saturday after demolishing Silverthorn on three rinks and drawing the other to record a 112-54 victory. The main contributer to the win was Vic Rappaport s rink (35-11) while Beckett, Burnett,
ILFORD BC kept up their winning form in a friendly fixture on Saturday after demolishing Silverthorn on three rinks and drawing the other to record a 112-54 victory.
The main contributer to the win was Vic Rappaport's rink (35-11) while Beckett, Burnett, Pluck and Kelly won 28-9, Silver, Penn, Spicer and Forrest won 26-11 and Weiland, Povoas, Bird and Jacobs drew 23-23.
The rink of Terry Lichkin, Jock McCabe, Paul Wellhams and Dave Betts travelled to Colchester on Saturday to compete in the quarter-finals of the County Fours and after a steady start Ilford found themselves 12-10 in front.
They then lost their way and were 19-15 down after 17 ends but ended up winners by one shot to book a semi-final spot against Turpins.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday, Ilford welcomed a team from Cranbrook and continued their winning form, gaining the victory by 80 shots to 55 overall.
The win by Ted Trelease's rink (26-9) was the highlight of the afternoon while Lunn, Kaye, Spicer and Foster won 24-14, Rising, Povoas, Dron and Lucas lost 16-13 and Barc, Allen, Silver and Bird won 17-16.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 6 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 9 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 10 Column: Pride and trust continues to grow in Dagenham squad
CRANBROOK PARK BC were beaten 82-53 at Ilford in their annual friendly match, which brought the curtain down on the indoor season.
Ilford triumphed three rinks to one, with Cranbrook's sole success arriving from the rink skipped by Joe Swinburne and including Gerry Weiland, Gerry Levene and Keith Powell.
BARKING Indoor Bowls Club beat Tye Green Bowls Club in the London & Southern Counties Shield semi-final.
Barking now meet Egham BC in the final in Watford on March 21.